Sunday, September 5, 2010

So much to do, not enough time!

I have a feeling that many people go through periods of time where there is a lot of enthusiasm for a hobby and then the interest wanes as other things take over or 'life' gets in the way. And then interest comes back.

It's been a while since I've been super-inspired about training. In the last month I've at least been dedicated to multiple training sessions almost every day, some reading, and reasonable record keeping.

At the moment, I'm not entirely sure what's prompted me, but the entire weekend has had way too many moments of a very overwhelmed "TOO much to do!" I have a list of behaviors I want to clean up. Some I want to teach. Enrichment ideas to try. I have a stack of my new books and library books, and other books I just have. A few curriculums to do. Fall trial schedules and class schedules to look at. And some training things I just really want to get done and be proficient at. I'm having trouble sleeping, I end up getting up to do another training session or do a bit more writing. I have stack of books in multiple rooms. I read while I'm eating.

And I've come across some interesting things. Here's a piece on working with youth athletes. But some it applies to anyone learning a new sport/activity...and some applies to puppies. There's so much I don't know about teaching. I'm pretty competent at R+ with people and breaking things down and going at the right pace... but humans have language and I can use that!

And to end these not-so-connected thoughts... Here's a recently found picture of baby Griffin. I love this dog!

No comments: