Saturday, January 8, 2011

Obedience Seminar



First seminar for me this year! Deb Jones and Judy Keller came to talk, with the first half of the day was about focus and basic training/foundation behaviors and the second half was activities pertaining to heeling.

I didn't know if I would be able to go until very recently, so I had not registered for a working spot and that was a good choice. While I would have liked to work Griffin in that setting, I don't know that the activities would have specifically helped us and we would have had to sit out on a few.

That said, I had a great time and got to see a lot of people I don't spend enough time with. It was a probably a record number of dogs in the building (12 working, and probably 8+ others) and the first working seminar that's been held at the facility. We also had a few requests from attendees for a freestyle workshop/class and I'm really hoping we'll be able to do that.

And as usual for any training day or lesson or workshop or seminar or event, I came home with too many notes, a list of questions and skills to add to our training skill/concept/behavior lists. I'm feeling really good about my dogs, my classes, my students, and my training plans.

There is a lot I need to process and think over, as well as discuss with training friends.

No comments: