Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Great Weekend, Trialing and Camping!

On Sunday, I took the boys to a local APDT Rally trial. For once, things were on schedule and as usual I was behind schedule. We signed up for the afternoon Level 1 Classes.

I hadn't crated indoors with two dogs before, both Blaze and Luna do much better in the car. With an 80* day and high humidity that was not an option! Griffin learned how to behave in a crate, our good friend assisted in that when I was busy with Blaze. Blaze spent some time in the crate but in general, he's not doing so well right now making crating very. hard.

Blaze wasn't as responsive as he sometimes can be, but we completed the course, he didn't have a seizure in the ring, and we had some good moments. We (finally) got our second L2 leg and a third place! If I had handled things a little better (verbal AND visual cues instead of just one), we would have done even better.

Griffin thought the chicken sandwich on the stewards table looked delicious. We have good stationary exercises but (not a surprise) lack in duration on heeling. After about half the course I asked to leave and we headed out. I didn't want to continue with the (lack of) heeling we had.

We packed up very quickly to take Blaze home and repack the car. Griffin and I went with friends on an adventurous camping trip with missing items, getting lost (a lot) and way too much food. Griffin is fabulous and thinks camping is the lifestyle! He hung around our area and would try to solicit petting and snacks from everyone. In the tent he would alternate between cuddling up with me or curling in a corner. Occasionally he would try to use someone else as a pillow.

Pictures to come as well as some discussion on obedience training.

No comments: