Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Motivation


One of the great things about a training class is the motivation it provides! If in seven days I have to be able to show my progress on behaviors A, B, C, and D, it can be much easier to fit the time to practice every day. Otherwise....I find it easy to let things slide and everything in the real world get in the way.

Griffin and I have a couple groups we train with and it's great to have so many people to keep us on track. Our homework right now is :
~Train in new location-S- every week, meaning, more than one new place!
~Fix Heel position. One of the troubles of training competition behaviors alone is that it can be hard to see what your dog is (or isn't) doing. Our Heel position was a little too far forward.
~Left hand feeding. I am right handed. I like to feed from my right hand, even when it is more strategic to feed from the left.

Enjoy spring!

No comments: