Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Packing with dogs



(Click on that to get a bigger picture! Baby Gryffindor! He was 9 weeks old. Awww!)

We'll be gone for about 5 days. Not too long, but we still have a lot of packing to do.

I distinctly remember one day in high school where the power went out while I was with a group in a supply closet (...no windows). I pulled a flashlight out of my pocket....and was made fun of for being so prepared. There were numerous trips where I'd have, almost literally, everything. For a long time my main storage space was my pillowcase.

Having everything you need IS important and I have been striving to pack lighter without potentially getting myself into trouble.

I typically keep two boxes in my car, one for general supplies (poncho, duct tape, bungee cords, (ahem, fresh) water, first aid supplies. And the other with plates/cups/forks/etc. It's very handy. I've always been made fun for having everything....


The rest of the packing will be all my clothes and sleeping bag. And then I need to get the dog toys and leads and food and treats and dispensing toys and chews and (and and and and).

After we buy the rest of our stuff tonight, everything will be carefully packed into my car. Two crates and dogs in the back. Two dogs in the middle seat. And all the stuff piled around/under/in between. The crated dogs are going to have a very roomy ride.

No comments: